US / North America
I have a PCM with a 1987 302 engine. I am looking for a distributor cap, rotar and points. The cap says IBM 1008. Where can I find these parts?
I'm having a problem with this alternator charging my batteries (one wire alternator). I'm running a dual battery with an Isolators. Basically the alternator is hook to the center post and then the batteries are hook to the outside one (diode). The alternator won't charge until it has a voltage.
1) If I run another wire from the alternator to a battery won't this just bypass the isolator and charge through this wire.
2) How can I wire this to make it work
Looking for a replacement motor (Or rather the rear motor cover with brush holders for a Warn 2000 lb hoist WM12200B507
Motor number M83145 -
Can you help, please?
I am looking to replace a Motorola alternator 8EM2008NA. It is on a Cummins 6BTA diesel marine engine. I found two possible options that cross reference to the Motorola unit; Leece Neville 110-464 and 210-435. Both are 65 amp and 12 volts. What is the difference between these two units and which would be the closest match regarding fit and function.
I have questions about wiring a new internal alternator from an external one. I bought the #8MR2050Fa sales #170-532 and regulator #8RG2069. I am attaching the old external wiring schematic from previous setup. Seems like it should be easy but I over think things sometimes.
The questions I have going clockwise from top of your dim drawing http://www.prestolite.com/productinfo/alternators/8MR2050FA/8MR2050FA_di... are...
1. Yellow wire excitation lead I don't know where it should go.
2. AC tap is for auxiliary components that I will not need now?
3. B- post does it need to get wired to the battery or is it grounded through the engine block?
4. B+ It should get wired to the + post of the battery (right)? Is there a recommended wire size, it would be about 2-3 feet from battery?
5. D+ or REG should get wired to my orange wire to the indicator light. (right)?
Also can I just remove the old regulator then?
Could you please tell me the approx speed at which your 24v 35 amp alternators come on line?
Thank you for time.
I have installed a LN 2800LC on my coach. I get no voltage
from the positive terminal. I have had the unit checked two times on a test bench and it outputs 14 volts and i had it load tested to 120 amps.
I have checked voltage with no wires hooked up and with it completely installed and there is no voltage present.
the unit turns at 2100 Rpms at idle and i held engine at 2000 RPM to try to get the unit exicited.
Does 12 volts have to be present on the positve terminal ?
to have it self excite?
Thanks for your help.
This is what i have. Any help would be great.
part no. 570-214-101
model. MSK 4001
Ser no. 3U10609
I have a 1987 PCM 351, model PLD-WR-L10, that I would like to replace the distributor on. I would like to get a distributor that is electronic ignition. what model disty do I need?