can you change an alt to self exciting

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
can you change an alt to self exciting

howdy, i have an A0014876JB- is it possible to change this over to self exciting? and what is the part # to do so. Thanks

Mark Timerman
Prestolite Electric
Texas, USA
Posts - 580

Good day, you will have to change out the regulator to do this. And you will need to get the yellow wires from the new regulator outside so that they can be attached to the a/c taps. On self excite alternators we have a slot in the brush box for them to pass through, so you will also need a brush box or drill holes in yours so that you can pass the wires through. I have to warn you though, that if your alternator is still under warranty, modifying the brush box will void the warranty. The part number for the new reg is 105747S, if you still have questions maybe call our tech service line at 866-288-9853. Thanks

Mark Timerman
Tech service line: 866-288-9853

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.

More information about formatting options

Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture. Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.